Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, I'm new to the forum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kenmc

Kenmc

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my best to follow the forum rules and am introducing myself.

My background is in electronics. My first job was an electronic technician and after six years became an electrical engineer ( no degree). I am very knowledgeable in the field of electronics but there is so much I don't know it's pathetic. Same with computers. I have learned much over the years, but still have so much to learn. I began using one in 1987 for CAD, drawing schematics and designing printed circuit boards. Around 1991, I began to go to computer shows and buy the parts to build my own computers. The computer shows have stopped, so I go to Newegg or Tiger Direct.

The church I go to runs a school and has around 120 computers that I have to keep running. It's very rewarding. Besides repairing software issues, and removing viruses, I also recap Motherboards. I've done it to a number of them.

The reason I became a member of the Bleeping Computer forum is because Eset Customer Support recommended it. My Pastor brought his home computer and I used the Sysrescue disk that you can make using Eset NOD32. There were 56 infiltration and eight of them were in the MBR and it couldn't remove them. I usually copy all of the data files I can find and then repair the MBR using Partition Commander. This time I decided to call and Manny, tech support, repaired it for me and gave me a bunch of links for repair utilities and URLs for forums that I can search for answers or ask for help.

I sincerely hope that I don't sound like I'm bragging or anything like that. Just want to let everyone know my experience as far as repairing computers.

Thanks,

Ken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users