Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:57 AM
I have a problem installing MS Office Professional 2007.
Here are the details:
1. HP dv4-4141us laptop computer
2. Running Windows 7
3. I bought and downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Includes Access, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Word --- all 2007 versions
4. The software downloaded alright.
5. When I then clicked on MS Office Excel 2007 in "All Programs", it started configuring it.
6. After configuration was done, Setup window popped up, "In order to complete setup, a system reboot is necessary. Would you like to reboot now?"
7. I clicked on Yes, and a window opened up saying: "1 program still needs to close: Waiting for Microsoft Office Professional 2007. This program is preventing Windows from restarting." The options were "Force Restart" or "Cancel".
8. I then clicked on "Cancel" and the following error message popped up:
"Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
9. I then clicked on "OK" and got another message:
"MS Office Excel 2007 has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."
10. I then clicked on "OK" and the message went away.
11. When I then clicked on "MS Office Excel 2007" in 'All Programs', it started to configure the software again and I was back at step # 6 from above.
I had exactly the same problem when I tried installing MS Office Word 2007 from the downloaded software.
I would appreciate your help.