Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem installing downloaded MS Office Professional 2007ce couldn't be accessed while configuring MS Office Professional 2007

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Khirrkee

Khirrkee

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hello,

I have a problem installing MS Office Professional 2007.

Here are the details:
1. HP dv4-4141us laptop computer
2. Running Windows 7
3. I bought and downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Includes Access, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Word --- all 2007 versions
4. The software downloaded alright.
5. When I then clicked on MS Office Excel 2007 in "All Programs", it started configuring it.
6. After configuration was done, Setup window popped up, "In order to complete setup, a system reboot is necessary. Would you like to reboot now?"
7. I clicked on Yes, and a window opened up saying: "1 program still needs to close: Waiting for Microsoft Office Professional 2007. This program is preventing Windows from restarting." The options were "Force Restart" or "Cancel".
8. I then clicked on "Cancel" and the following error message popped up:
"Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
9. I then clicked on "OK" and got another message:
"MS Office Excel 2007 has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."
10. I then clicked on "OK" and the message went away.
11. When I then clicked on "MS Office Excel 2007" in 'All Programs', it started to configure the software again and I was back at step # 6 from above.

I had exactly the same problem when I tried installing MS Office Word 2007 from the downloaded software.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Installation of MS Office 2007 or MS Office 2010 does not require a system reboot. Where did you "download" this from?

#3 Khirrkee

Khirrkee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for your prompt response.
I bought the MS Office 2007 Standard Full Version at www.softbidding.com.
They sent me a link for the download, together with a product key.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

do not trust any site with the words bidding in the name when it comes to software. I have installed MS Office 2007 multiple times and never had to reboot for anything to work.

#5 Khirrkee

Khirrkee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

do not trust any site with the words bidding in the name when it comes to software. I have installed MS Office 2007 multiple times and never had to reboot for anything to work.

#6 Khirrkee

Khirrkee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks, will certainly be more careful in future. What should I do now? I have MS Office 2010 Starter preinstalled. I'll uninstall that and 2007 and reinstall 2007 and see what happens.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Try that and see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users