Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Detecting and Upgrading Software

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ONT

ONT

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Which is the best software for detecting and upgrading drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate? I've HP Pavilion t3000.

Edited by ONT, 27 January 2012 - 09:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

There is no best software for upgrading drivers - you should not use any such software. If there is a specific need or reason to update one of your drivers, go to the website of the hardware manufacturer and download and install the driver. If there is no specific need or reason to update a driver, then I suggest you leave well enough alone.

#3 ONT

ONT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

There is no best software for upgrading drivers - you should not use any such software. If there is a specific need or reason to update one of your drivers, go to the website of the hardware manufacturer and download and install the driver. If there is no specific need or reason to update a driver, then I suggest you leave well enough alone.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Well, from where I can get drivers for HP Pavilion t3000 for Windows 7 Ultimate?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Either from the HP website or the website of the device for which you need the driver. What problem(s) are you having?

#5 ONT

ONT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Actually it has On-board Graphics of ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200, but I'm unable to install drivers for Windows 7. In dxdiag-->display, it shows "The file atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atitmmxx.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer." I already installed latest ATI catalyst, but all in vain.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Again, what problem(s) are you experiencing that make you want to change the driver?

#7 ONT

ONT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Actually I'm unable to install Audio and Video drivers. i tried some driver detection softwares and they installed them but after that if I re-scan for driver detection, they again detect them.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Okay, please - you need to explain IN DETAIL exactly what is going on. WHY are you trying to install new drivers? From where are you trying to download them? What is the problem when you try to install them. You need to provide as much information as possible if we are to help you.

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Desktop or laptop? ATI support stopped at Vista from what I'm seeing on www.ati.com. The Xpress 200 (200m for mobile)is a old design that they stopped supporting after Vista. I tlook like a chipset w/X300 video built in.

This one? http://www.amd.com/uk/products/notebook/chipsets/radeon-xpress-200M/Pages/ati-radeon-express-200m-amd-specs.aspx

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#10 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

To add a datapoint:

Windows 7 Compatibility of Xpress 200

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

FWIW: That system has no Win7 driver support from HP, only drivers HP supports are for XP.

Did you run the MS Upgrade Advisor, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx ?

Louis

#12 ONT

ONT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hmmmm. I understand. Thanks to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users