Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Graphics Media Aceelerator driver problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheNextFerguson

TheNextFerguson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

I am running a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ240 with Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit (recently downgraded from Vista) and it wont recognise my Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible) and Mass Storage Controller. I have tried downloading several different drivers from Intel website but I keep getting the same error message, 'This system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software'

I need help :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Reference drivers provided by chipset manufacturers will often not install onto laptops because of proprietary changes made by the laptop manufacturer. When I reverted my HP to XP, I trawled older HP models and found one with the same hardware that XP drivers were available for.

A similar process is discussed in a topic here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/205424-vgn-fz240e-xp-driver.html

suggesting using XP drivers for the FZ190 model, which may be successful for you. The FTP link provided in post #8 appears to still be current.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ19/

Edited by Platypus, 27 January 2012 - 07:17 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 TheNextFerguson

TheNextFerguson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

I had already tried the 190 drivers and I kept getting the same message 'This system does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software', I really dont know what to do. Ive tried so many drivers!

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,962 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

That's a bit of a puzzle then. I see the XP is at SP3? Can't think what else to go for at the moment.

Edited by Platypus, 27 January 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#5 TheNextFerguson

TheNextFerguson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

yeah its in sp3

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,962 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

Just one thought, sometimes after multiple driver installs, a previous failure can seem to get "stuck" and give a false status to later attempts. One way around this is to try booting into Safe Mode, and removing any "phantom" driver installs that show in the Device Manager. (This is one of the functions of Safe Mode). If you haven't already tried this, it might help.

Edit: Adding to the feasibility of this maybe being the cause, a description of this error (from HP) offers as a possible cause; "the same or newer version of software is already installed". An unsuccessful install may leave a stub making the installer think a later version already exists.

Another suggestion is that required support software may not be installed, such as .NET. How to find out is unclear. Have you successfully installed the motherboard chipset drivers before trying the video drivers? The reference to Mass Storage Controller suggests maybe not, if not try that first as chipset is standard first order of installation.

Edited by Platypus, 27 January 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

What I have found out with Sony is that the computers are only designed / built to run the operating system that came installed. I tried running several linux os's on a Sony VIAO, and well each one failed and this was like 10 of them. In the end I reformatted and stuck XP back on it. It just wouldn't run any more operating systems but XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users