Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diskeeper error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davidfmac

davidfmac

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

I have the home version 2007 of diskeeper that I've used for a number of years with Vista, but recently get a message "Diskeeper failed to connect to the service. The service may have stopped. See the widows event log for more details.
I've run services.msc in the run command and restarted it. It will defrag shortly and then stop and is turned off again. I tried reinstalling it, but get an error that it doesn't work with my system, though I know that it came with Vista (though I have a purchased copy).
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ernestd

Ernestd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

It appears that there may be a conflict with some other software and Diskeeper which is causing the Diskeeper Service to shut down or which is shuting down Diskeeper.

If you are running Antivirus, Firewall or Antispyware software you may need to add Diskeeper to the Trusted Programs/Exclusion exclusion list. Some of these types of programs can sometimes see Diskeeper carrying out Defragmentation as a threat to the system. For instructions on how to adjust the Trusted Programs/Exclusion List, please look in the help file of your security software.

If this does not resolve the issue, check the Event Log to see if there is any evidence of conflict with some other software in the log. If you find something, let me know what it is and I will see if there is any way to address that conflict.

If you find no clue in the Event Log, let me know. The next thing to do would involve doing a selective startup, in which we allow only selective processes to run, but that can be a bit more involved and time consuming.

Best,
Ernest D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users