I've looked all over and tried everything, and still cannot find the solution to my problem.
For some reason, my computer (Windows 7) will not open executable files or files that require an executable to run. Please take the following into consideration:
1. Because of this I cannot get on a browser to download any sort of help such as ComboFix or MBAM.
2. I've tried all the different RKILL and DDS files. Renaming them doesn't seem to "trick" the malware.
3. Notepad and Calc works.
4. When I watch the task manager, I notice that any process that attempts to load with a *32 (32bit) next to it is killed after a few seconds (these include the RKILL files).
5. I've attempted starting programs via the task manager window and the command prompt.
6. I've tried the exefix.reg route. The merge is made successfully but it doesn't seem to have done anything.
7. The same outcome is also seen in all Safe Modes.
8. Restoring to an earlier point results in no change.
This seemed to have taken effect overnight; yesterday everything was fine. I don't know what else to do and am on the brink of defeat. Can anyone offer any assistance to this matter?
Thanks in advance.
Edited by El Love, 27 January 2012 - 12:35 AM.