Thank you so much for your timely reply. Unfortunately I have tried that method and it does not work. As soon as you uninstall the software it appears to be gone - and then when you launch the browser its search page is back again and and so is the toolbar. You can't even add a new start page it will always default to the toolbar start page. I have searched the web for a solution and many people have the same problem. They have tried many methods with no success. Here was the only solution which I am reluctant to try from answers.microsoft.com
Inbox.com nightmare - Having problems removing the remnants of Inbox.com off of my PC
Applies To: Internet Explorer | Internet Explorer 9 | Windows Vista
Hi, I am having problems removing the remnants of Inbox.com off my pc, I thought i had uninstalled it but there are still some parts left mainly in my games on facebook, I didnt knowingly download this rubbish now i cant det rid of it, I have done the add ons thing you advised but its still here I feel as if im being stalked.
You are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!
NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall Windows. A Repair Install will NOT help
Microsoft now offers no-charge, online (third-party) support for such issues: http://supportservices.microsoft.com/support/services/virus_malware_removal
Microsoft PCSafety also provides home users (only) with direct, no-charge support for dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted software), and adware.
Also see https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/
1. See if you can download/run the new Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
• HOW TO Use the New Microsoft Safety Scanner
2. Now begin your own, new thread in one (only) of the following recommended forums for assistance by an expert in such matters. Follow the instructions posted in the "sticky" at the top of each forum.
=> DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!! <=
• SpywareHammer: Malware Removal
• Spyware Warrior: Help with spyware removal
• DSL Reports: Security Cleanup
• Bluetack: Malware Removal
• MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the computer to a local, reputable and independent
Edited by sandbars, 27 January 2012 - 12:53 AM.