Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec advises disabling pcAnywhere software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Security firm Symantec has warned customers to stop using its pcAnywhere software.

The company confirmed that "old" source code stolen by a hacking group had exposed vulnerabilities in the remote access program.

An advisory note on Symantec's website explained how to minimise risks for customers who used pcAnywhere for "business-critical purposes".

Other software from the company is not at a heightened risk, Symantec said.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16740153

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adrianblack

adrianblack

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Oh well, guess they released some security patch for that pcanywhere code leak and it supposed to be safe to use it now.

What actually seems weird to me is that the pcanywhere code was stolen in 2006 and they only come clean about the whole deal now in 2012, almost six years later.

Since we're speaking about this software program, I came across some news on a new audials anywhere program that will enable one to access files anywhere or something similar to this, as far as I managed to find out.

Looked useful and I wanted to know if it is in any way related to pcanywhere, I definitely do not want to have anything to do with them after this stunt.

#3 adrianblack

adrianblack

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Looks like I was wrong, pcanywhere is not related to the other audials anywhere program I was asking about.

Different thing, the audials anywhere app it's not even some remote control software but rather a personal media cloud, as they call it.At least the part about accessing files anywhere is right, it has some sort of filesharing feature for inviting friends to go over your media files and even save files from you straight onto their computers...

Guess it should be a pretty good option to p2p filesharing and torrents and stuff like that.

#4 Yiddish

Yiddish

• Banned Spammer
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hi forum addict,
Really thanks.
It is useful and needed post,every one will be aware of this Symantec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users