Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D-Link DIR-815

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mmcmuskogee-1

mmcmuskogee-1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

A new client just bought this router and has the following wireless devices they want connected to it:

BlueRay Player
Vizio HDTV
Panasonic HDTV
HP Desktop
HP Laptop

The Panasonic TV connects for a little while and then loses it's connection. It won't stay connected.

This router is a dual band and offers both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz.

Your thoughts, please?

Edited by mmcmuskogee-1, 26 January 2012 - 12:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mmcmuskogee-1

mmcmuskogee-1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Ok. So I was troubleshooting this thing for about two hours when I noticed a small notation on a page in the setup manual stating to go to panasonic.com/netconnect for additional details. I went there and found ( http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/compatibility/usb/option4_1b.html ) which shows a list of just three (3) routers which have been confirmed to be compatibile with the Panasonic WiFi dongle. The D-Link is not in that list. This is very odd to me, because I was not aware that there were compatibility issues anywhere such as this.

This information was not offered by the salesman who sold my client the television and he's spent $200 in technician fees troubleshooting this problem. I was the third tech to come out after Panasonic sent out a tech, then the Geek Squad. Woohoo! It's always nice to beat the Geek Squad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users