Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc0000221 Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twiggy145

twiggy145

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

I have recently setup a raid 0+1 array on a computer with 4 identical hard drives. I installed windows 7 and the installation without a hitch. However on the reboot a windows error message appears and says the following:

File: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Info: Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing, or corrupt.

I have tried many things in an attempt to resolve this issue. I have tried reinstalling, using a different DVD drive and removing the RAID array to no avail. I have also disconnected the hard drive which is not associated with the RAID array also to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated as i have been trying to solve this problem for several days now and i have come up with nothing.

thanks in advance

Twiggy145

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Greetings,

In order to help troubleshoot I will need more information about the setup your using. Have you choose to use raid 0? Or raid 1? Have you configured the bios correctly? Do you have the raid drivers?

#3 twiggy145

twiggy145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

thanks for your reply. I am using an ASUS Striker II extreme motherboard with RAID enabled in the BIOS. In the RAID utility I have the RAID mode as Striped Mirror which I believe is RAID 0+1 with the stripe block set to optimal which sets it to 64k. I have the motherboard driver disk however i don't know when the RAID drivers are installed or how to do so. I'm a beginner at RAID you see and followed the Motherboards manual to the letter. The processor is an Intel Q6600 overclocked to 3.5GHZ and 4gb of Corsair Vengeance 2000Mhz RAM running and 1066Mhz. Hope this helps with your advice.

#4 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

During the Windows installation you should see a screen like this..

http://bit.ly/A5avMi

This is where you need to load the raid drivers.

#5 twiggy145

twiggy145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Have now used the NVidia RAID drivers and now get another error

File: \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\adp94xx.sys

Status 0xc0000221

Info: Windows Failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

The RAID Drivers were installed before the windows installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users