Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basic Server Authentication Popup window for Proxy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yueqing

yueqing

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

I am not using the proxy server on mozilla, and intend to unsubscribe from it. So wondering how to get rid of the Basic Server Authentication Popup window prompting proxy details to be keyed in. If i do not key it in, say the applicatoon i want to sign in to can't connect to the internet. Anyone knows any idea why this could have happended? and how to get rid of the proxy details prompt popup, coz I have a perfectly gd internet connection, without using the proxy

Edited by hamluis, 26 January 2012 - 07:44 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Did you checked your FF browser for any manually configured proxy settings via Tools - Options - Advanced tab - Network - Settings and use system proxy settings instead?

Tekken

#3 yueqing

yueqing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

I will do that and trust it should solve it. Thanks!~LOL it seems like a simple thing after all =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users