Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Element cannot connect to the web address

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yueqing

yueqing

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

I was trying to open http://www.kiss.com.tw/radio_hq.php and it says mediaelement can't connect to the web address. Have installed silverlight 5, and changed default player for mp3 and wav files in mozilla to media player but it still can't play. Any help will be appreciated~~ :thumbsup:

Edited by hamluis, 26 January 2012 - 07:47 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Are you trying to use Windows Media Player (WMP) to connect to this stream?

If so, the reason it does not work is because you are giving it an address to a PHP file (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which is a server-side scripting language). WMP needs a direct connection to the stream itself, not the page the stream is embedded in.

I couldn't seem to find the address of the stream itself in the page's source, but I did find this:
http://web2.kiss.com.tw/help/kissradio/
which seems mildly relevant...only I can't read it. :crazy:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 yueqing

yueqing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi I was trying to open the webpage which links to another mms address. Thank you for your efforts.~~ And it miraculously opened today...Maybe the website was just hibernating :P or perhaps it became okay after I fixed my proxy settings or updated the windows updates~~~Anyways thank you very much!!!~~~& yep you are right the page http://web2.kiss.com.tw/help/kissradio/ is only mildly relevant :P

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Lol glad I could help.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 jtsaitotal

jtsaitotal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi yueqing, can you tell me what did you do (I know you did not know which one worked, but if can help me understand whatever you did). I have been trying to listen to the online radio for ages without any success.

Thanx

Edited by jtsaitotal, 15 April 2012 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users