I'm having a major issue with my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop freezing approximately 20 minutes after start up.
I've read through forums and run tests, malware software, ati-virus etc as per suggested solutions and can't seem to resolve it.
Things I've tried:
- Restart in Safe Mode with Networking - Freezes
- Restart in Safe Mode - Works! Does not freeze but not very functional
- Booting into Diagnostics to test over heating - Passes and does not freeze
- Opened up the laptop case to get rid of dust build up - Still freezes
- Installed Super-Antispyware - If it reaches the end it will still freeze at some stage - tracking cookies found on each scan and removed
- Antivirus AVG free edition - Finds nothing
- Restored it to an earlier time which worked for a day or two but soon went back to freezing...
There is plenty of memory available. I'm now at a loss and don't know what else to try.
I have over the years (I've had this laptop since 2007/8) formatted it several times with a variety of operating systems: Windows XP, Linux of two varieties and finally Windows 7 (current).
Can anyone suggest anything else?
Apart from formatting it again or throwing it out a window, is there any salvation? I really cannot afford a new laptop.