Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help and Support not running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hello. I wanted to ask that when I attempt to open Help and Support, it does not open. I have attempted to use sfc /scannow for repairing and have tried using 'Run' dialog box. Neither work. When I use the start menu button to execute help and support, the process is executed and I can see it in task manager, but it is eliminated 5 seconds later and so help and support never opens up.
The exact same thing is happening with System information also known as msinfo32.exe in system32. Also, when I open up help files, the right pane with all information is not displayed. I have attached a picture of help files and how they look once opened.

Hoping someone will help out =)
Thank you.
" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Try running the chkdsk /r command...after that completes, then defrag the Windows partition.

See if that helps.

Louis

#3 genius12

genius12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

All right I will try that. I will probably end up using SmartDefrag for the defragmentation process. It is much better than the built in defragmenter.

Edit:
Also, I had disabled certain services earlier to reduce RAM impact. Help and Support service is running fine however, and I had disabled those services on other computers without any problems so it shouldn't have any problems on this computer as it is nearly the exact same environment. But if you think it has something to do with a certain service, please tell me the name of that service and I will turn it on and see if anything changes.

Edited by genius12, 26 January 2012 - 03:23 PM.

" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

#4 manee

manee

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hi,

i think when you open Help and support then you may find this error

Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not running.
To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support'.

for fix this problem follow these steps..

> type "Services.msc" in run command

> double click on Help and Support

> set start up type to automatic

Start the Service
if "Services.msc" is missing, this may be delete by accident so download helpsvc.zip file after this convert to unzip file and double click on this.

#5 moonamigo

moonamigo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Thanx manee... this helped a lot!...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users