We won't know if this is malware related until we run some checks.
Download Security Check
, and save it to your Desktop
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad
document should open automatically called checkup.txt
; please post the contents of that document.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
and run it on the computer with the issue.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
and post the result.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe
and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
, then click Finish
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan
, then click Scan
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results
to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here
Be sure to restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe
to run it.
If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".
Click the "Scan
" button to start scan.
On completion of the scan click "Save log
", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.
NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat
file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.