Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS Laptop K53E and Recovery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Garvak

Garvak

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

My link

My errors and updates are all stated there, however I will also continue anything here. Help is greatly appreciated and thank you.

I restarted the process. This time, during the startup of the computer I repeatedly tapped Esc. then selected my P2 HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT34N and pressed enter. This was followed up by the usual "Windows is loading files..." progress bar. Afterwards, it sat at the "Starting Windows" screen for eight minutes. It loads a basic ASUS wallpaper and cursor. I am then confronted with the prompt: AI RECOVERY-Are you ready to restore this image yes/no?
I select yes.
AI RECOVERY:Restoring it will overwrite your hard drive. Do you want to continue? Ok/cancel
I select ok.
The AI Recovery Restore begins-This DVD will help you recover hidden partition. Check the AC adapter connection and do not interrupt the restoration process. Message: <blank>.
As of now, it has been sitting with zero progress.

Edited by Garvak, 25 January 2012 - 08:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

is there a boot option in bios to boot from recovery partition ?

tried to download your manual but it is 209Mb. Do you have one ?

#3 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hi

Forgive me if I missed it (I read the linked thread).
What happens when you try to boot from the hard drive instead of the DVD?

James

#4 Garvak

Garvak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

is there a boot option in bios to boot from recovery partition ?

tried to download your manual but it is 209Mb. Do you have one ?

I seem to have misplaced the manual. But thanks, I will attempt to do so. I went to BIOS (F2), to boot, and it does not appear I can boot from a recovery partition. I went to Advanced Boot Options (f8) in search for another option. Since there was "no repair your computer" option (probably should have put recovery disc info on laptop for future use), I attempted the last known good configuration choice. Did not work.

Edited by Garvak, 25 January 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#5 Garvak

Garvak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi

Forgive me if I missed it (I read the linked thread).
What happens when you try to boot from the hard drive instead of the DVD?

James

When I make an attempt to boot from the hard drive (switching priority from P0 to P2 in BIOS boot), save that configuration, and try again I am confronted by an error: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected

#6 hornhonker

hornhonker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Have your tried pressing F9 as it boots ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users