I am new to the computer repair relm and still in traning. I am fighting "System Check" on a Toshiba Satelite laptop running Windows 7 (7601 build-SP1) I have read and followed the (Bleeping Computer) BP instructions for this malware. I have:
1. Ran rkill - (the malware stops it in process)- ran 4 times in different formats i.e. ".exe, .com"
2. Ran Kaspersky TDSSKiller (removed one item)- was removed. Log states all "OK".
3. Ran GMER - Found zero issues
4. Ran unhide -(partially worked)
5. then re-booted system
6. re-ran rkill - (the malware stops it in process)
7. ran malwarebytes - the malware stops it in process or it says "Program stopped working". This error message is a result from trying to run MBAM from both the USB Drive and the Infected Hard-Drive neither application loading methods worked
I am trying to run it from a cd or USB Drive - is this possible?
8. I am booted in "Safe Mode w/ Networking"
9. I have my pro version of Active Boot Disk standing by, ready to do something
10. I have Kaspeersky Rescue Dist 10, current ver. standing by, ready to do something
11. I have ComboFix, current ver. standing by, ready to do something
12. I have Kaspeersky Pure2 Anti-virus, current ver. standing by, ready to do something
The BP insturctions said to post this if the above failed to eliminate the malware. Suggestions on the next step please. Thanks
Edited by hamluis, 25 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.
Moved from Introductions to Am I Infected.