Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

hi people, i have an ongoing problem opening up pages and also with general browesing as my pages are freezing up and i have to keep restarting the computer. all my programs seem to start up fine. the programs i have running on start up are Avast,mbam,sas, all others i close down on start up.My internet connection speed is fine. i have checked for viruses and have been told my computer is clean. But i know there is a problem due to the pages not loading properly in internet explorer. Any help would be great. Regards grassy.....

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Linda.Christ

Linda.Christ

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

Install Chrome or Mozilla Firefox :thumbup2:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'm not sure which version of IE you are using, but try installing a different browser and see if the same problem continues.
"all others i close down on start up"---what happens when you don't close these down?
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thanks for the replys guys. When i dont close them programs down things are still the same. I only close them other programs down so i can anylise this problem easier.I am using internet explorer 8.0.6001

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

Are you saying that the system functions properly in every other aspect...other than browsing?

When did this behavior begin?

Louis

#6 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

Are you saying that the system functions properly in every other aspect...other than browsing?

When did this behavior begin?

Louis

Thats correct louis. I have updated internet explorer just a second ago. The funny thing was that, i had the windows update logo down in the right hand corner of my computer but it wouldnt update.I got to the stage after my computer froze again, then restarted and it updated. Theres some weird s.....t going down, but all seems well now i think. At the moment ill get back to searching the web and see how i go.I contacted my internet search provider as i reset my modem and had to put my password in to reconfigure.I thought my modem might have needed a reset. Any way i think ill sleep on it and get back to it in the morning as shes getting rather late. Thanks for the reply, if i need more help ill cry out tomorrow morning.Kind regards Grassy

#7 bluemagma

bluemagma

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

I would suggest running ccleaner and then checking your hijackthis log. Ccleaner cleared up most of my problems. Also be sure to update all of your plugins if you are having trouble with viewing video's and playing games etc. If you watch a lot of movies please be sure to update your divx web player. I will not put a link on here for divx.

ccleaner can be found here for free www.piriform.com/ccleaner
hijack this can be found here for free http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/
Update your flash here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP
Update your java here www.java.com

PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH HIJACKTHIS if you delete the wrong entries you could cause multiple internet problems
PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH CCLEANER do not use the registry cleaner option. (credit to petewills)

Edited by bluemagma, 25 January 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

grassy

Do NOT use the registry cleaner function of CCleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic439228.html Post#3

The BC guide now recommends DDS, rather than HijackThis, if you are concerned with malware removal:

Guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Edited by petewills , 25 January 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#9 bluemagma

bluemagma

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

grassy

Do NOT use the registry cleaner function of CCleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic439228.html Post#3

The BC guide now recommends DDS, rather than HijackThis, if you are concerned with malware removal:

Guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Thanks mate. forget to mention not to use the registry cleaner option. I have edited my post.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

<<I would suggest running ccleaner and then checking your hijackthis log. Ccleaner cleared up most of my problems.>>

Pertinent info:

Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum. - BleepingComputer.com - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-56/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/

Louis

#11 akoch

akoch

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

My first step for any IE problem is to go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset

That literally fixes 90% of IE problems I've ever come across. Including buggy off-the-wall problems like it autoclicking links and stuff.

Good luck.

#12 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

My first step for any IE problem is to go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset

That literally fixes 90% of IE problems I've ever come across. Including buggy off-the-wall problems like it autoclicking links and stuff.

Good luck.

Yea i do get a lot of auto clicking and i did exactly what you said, if this hasnt solved the major side of things i will try the above posts view.:)

#13 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Good luck.

I do believe the problem is solved, that was some mighty advice. Simple and effective due to my problems. I was also able to update java to the latest version which i was unable to do before i reset internet explorer. I am starting to think that when updating java, it has to be SAVED not RUN on the computer. Someone please correct me if im wrong on that, as either resetting Internet explorer fixed that issue or saving java when installing did. Either way i wasnt able to update it beforehand. Computers running quite quick now while im browsing and no pages are freezing. Thanks again everyone for your help as i would still be scratching my head(whats left of it) Kind regards Grassy :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users