Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid 0 Data Recovery?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 b1mmuo27

b1mmuo27

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

My bleeping computer crashed for the umteenth time yeasterday causing some untouled grief & damage. I have a asus P5RD1-V which has been a problem since I built this thing 6 months ago. I ran two WD SATA 200 gig drives in a raid 0 configuration. I also had two WD SATA 340 gig drives in a raid 0 config as well. All my important stuff, jpeg's, mpegs, business apps etc. were on the 340 gig drives when the mobo overclocked again yesterday. I have set the bios as low as I could so it wouldn't keep doing this, (I was reading text when it over clocked). I was on the 340 gig drive. It took the better part of the day to get it started again. When it did the "D" drive (340 gig raid 0) was not showing as a raid drive any longer. It just showed up as a partition of 60 gig, which is where I had windows installed. All I want is to restore the jpegs if I can or some of the programs . Then I will NEVER EVER connect my drives in ANY raid configuration. I think the mobo is toast as all the usb drive connected to the pc are all dead. This was after the crash yesterday too. I am running win xp, SP 2. In system manager their are no faults to be seen. I already have a replacement mobo but I want to retrieve as much data as I can from the raid drive 0. Any thoughts, ideas? Thanks. :thumbsup: :flowers:

Edited by b1mmuo27, 12 February 2006 - 03:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:57 PM

The reason that RAID 0 isn't popular is because of this:

The failure of just one drive will result in all data in an array being lost

So, you'll have to boot into RAID 0 in order to get to the drive (if it's still functional) and backup everything that you can.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users