Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel ICH9 Family USB2 driver issues on bootup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

This is very troubling, I get the attached error. Before it says no driver found it says "Searching preconfigured folders"

What I have done:
Installed the latest drivers from Compaq's website, including chipset
Scanned computer with Compaq's driver scanner, updated a video chipset it said was NEW
Downloaded the chipset drivers from Intel's website
Updated the BIOS
Tried using a blunt force driver installer (I don't normally use these)
Searched Windows Updates for any updates, including hardware
Under Device Manager, it doesn't show ANYTHING as unknown, exclamation, question, etc...all looks well there
Tried uninstalling USB from Device Manager and rebooted

Does anyone have ANY suggestions? It comes up everytime the computer boots, I have searched and searched Google and haven't really found anyone who has had this problem...

Windows 7 64-bit
Model: Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Motherboard sounds like to might be failing. My only suggestion is to try SlimDrivers. Other then that if the system is still under warranty you could try having it replaced.

#3 mattbirk

mattbirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Well tried SlimDrivers...no luck.

Pulled the hard drive and reinstalled Windows on a different hard drive and the error is not there...

Anyone have any ideas? My goal is to not have to reformat the HD, but that may be my only option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users