Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing myself to the community

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 avrildawn

avrildawn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hello everyone :) My name is Avril Dawn. I hope not to annoy any of you here...you see I am brand new to the computer world and also (of course) to the ways our computers work. I am 42yrs young and as my 21 year old daughter (she is pretty computer literate-as most of her generation are) has nicknamed me "Bambi" (LOL) because of my continued stumbling thru this complicated computer world, so be forewarned that I may ask for help and answers that seem very elementary to the rest of this group. Also I am tenacious and intelligent so there will come a point when I stop stumbling and become able to walk thru the computer world with confidence. I hope after my introduction of myself I am still welcome in this community because I need the experience of such a site like this to stop ongoing attempts to infect my laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ripleysteven

Ripleysteven

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hi Avril.
I'm in here as Ripley-something or other. I joined a few days ago, and I hope this place works out well for you.
I'm here because of a referral from an IT person I know who says it's a great place. I'm pretty good with many
things on the computer, but for some reason I can't find the patience to understand forums.
These are the people to talk to, though. I spend way too mush time researching what someone here might tell me
precisely over a few messages. So, I'm new too, and welcome.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

BC was established to help the average or new user wade through the often complex problems computers often present, so please don't hesitate to post about problem or to ask a question---even if you think the question is elementary.
Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 avrildawn

avrildawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thank you Ripleysteven and JGWeed. :) I was hoping for a welcome...I think most of us "newbies" are. Much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users