Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Bucket Video Download is Mpeg-4

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have a free private registration at PhotoBucket, . .

And uploaded an MPV but when I download it back to my PC

It is now an MPEG-4 Movie and needs MS plug-ins etc.

Problem I don't want that, . . where is my MPV download

since it ask for choice before the download.

Anybody know how this can be done ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

Jove, have you researched PB Help? If you can't find an answer there, click on the Ask A Question tab and fire away.

PhotoBucket Help and Support

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi Jove,

I'm curious. How are you ending up with .mpv files.
I had to look it up and there is little info.

"FileType: MPEG Elementary Stream Video File
FileDescription: Video file containing an "elementary stream," or raw video data; typically contains video data stored with MPEG-2 compression; used for raw output from a video recorder or for raw input to a video authoring program; does not contain audio data.

MPV files do not use a container format like .AVI files or .MP4 files. However, they may still be played in common video players that have the appropriate codec. Sometimes an MPV file can be renamed as an .MPG file, which may allow it to be played in common video players."

From Photobucket:

"Here's what you can upload:

Supported file types
•Images – gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp. Photobucket converts bmp files, which are not appropriate for the Internet, to jpg files, which are. The Image Editor does not retain the animation in animated .gif files.

•Videos – 3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p, asf, avi, divx, dv, dvx, flv, gif, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg4, mpg4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, m4v, mts, m2ts, f4v, qt, wmv, xvid, rm. All video files are converted to mp4 format when you upload them.

Note: Photobucket does not keep the original format of the video and only makes the video available via the links provided in your album.
Video limits
500 MB or less, and 10 minutes or less."

How about uploading in a different format, say .MPG. This may avoid the 'codec' requirement, when the conversion takes place, before the video is available for download. I'm not certain, I've only ever uploaded mpgs and wmvs.

Edited by petewills , 25 January 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

The MPG-4 on the left is what I am down loading from PhotoBucket when I am

requesting Windows Media Audio/Video File, (the one on the right)

I am uploading Windows Media Audio/Video File, a product of the Windows

Movie Maker, . from my computer to Photo Bucket, . . and then downloading

it to see what my friends would get if they were to want a copy.

However, what I am getting when I D/L the video is the MPEG-4.

Posted Image

Edited by Jove, 25 January 2012 - 07:54 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

WMM produces wmv files with audio and video streams and if they are uploaded, there should be no problems.
Still don't know how you get mpv files, (no audio stream, as mentioned).

The answers have already been given above -

"All video files are converted to mp4 format when you upload them."

"Note: Photobucket does not keep the original format of the video and only makes the video available via the links provided in your album." You can't download your original file.

Tulsa Rose made a good suggestion; I won't add anything further, as I believe everything has been covered.

#6 Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I would have thought the important question would be what your friends have installed on their computers in order to view it. As it states in the Photobucket literature, all video is converted to MP4, I have several players installed, however my system tends use the Adobe Flash player, though the symbol shown on your screen shot is the Apple Quick time player.
Here is a short Photobucket hosted video I took of a tram on the Black Country Museum in the Midlands UK.
Click on the photo to start it playing.
Which player opens it and plays it for you? Right click on the viewing screen to find out for sure.

Posted Image

Nev.

Edited by Plastic Nev, 28 January 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Why all the fuss, I already have Windows 8. Three windows at the front, and five at the back since I bought the house.
Posted Image

#7 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

While it does take time shuttling back and forth for my PC to load the entire Video,

and to view it, and therefore I get to see it piece by piece, I think this is a RAM problem

I have, in any case when right clicking this I get ;

Settings
Global Settings
About Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.7...

Therefore I assume it is using Adobe Flash Player, . . Correct ?

If so I know I need to update that as I am always getting a 40MB download from Adobe each

time I restart my PC, . .I need to make room and time for that, but presently with the power I am experiencing I hesitate to DL, with fear that when I get up in the morning it will still be downloading, and often I am needing Skype, to communicate first thing, . . etc.

I will eventually get it, . . but previously when in need of the Apple software etc. I have had problems with that and now avoid it.

Although it may be of interest to know what my friends are using , that information would

be difficult to obtain and or be useful, since I'd expect that for example I want to use this in the first place to show random individuals samples of work I do, etc.

I'm also under the impression that since the WMM creates WMV's, and that most would have

that to play video's.

BTW, . . Thank you;
TulsaRose
petewills
Plastic Nev

Edited by Jove, 29 January 2012 - 06:08 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#8 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

Jove, you really want to get the Adobe Flash Player updated to current v.11.1.102.55. It won't take that long to download and it installs right on top of the old version. Be careful to untick the option to install McAfee Security Scan Plus.

Now...about your WMM\Photobucket situation. I don't know if this will shed any light on the problem or solve anything but I'll share my experience of yesterday. I made a movie with WMM and uploaded it to PhotoBucket to share with family. I didn't pay any attention to file type being saved other than it just specified "Windows Media Audio/Movie Maker file" no file type given. When I uploaded the file to PB, it loaded as an .mp4. Thinking of your post, I then downloaded it and it d\l as an .mp4 file.

With that said, both .mp4 and .mpeg4 would both automatically open in WMP or the program you have set to open that type of file. Is your WMP updated to current version? That may account for what's going on. If it is as outdated as your Flash Player, I can see why you are having a problem. :-)

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#9 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hey Tulsa Rose,

I forgot to say thanks to you and the rest, . .

I will try to do what you have advised, . .

and will let you know how that turns out.

Best Regards,
Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users