Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Re-director

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deathrunner

deathrunner

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:17 PM

This is an awesome forum, unfortunately, I ended up here due to negative circumstances....but isn't that how it always goes?

Anyway, I have recently reworked my computer, started with a fresh slate and re-installed XP.

I was stupid and went on the internet before I installed my antivirus (I am thinking that's where I got infected). Now my computer seems a bit slow and I have specifically noticed that when I search for something in yahoo, google, etc. if I click on a link in the returned search, I am redirected to a random site, but if I go back and click again it will take me to teh desired link.

I might have more problems than that, but it is the one I have actually noticed. I went ahead and tried rebooting in safe mode and using the autoruns program. My problem is, I don't knwo what I'm looking for and I'd hate to delete something crucial.

ANy help and driections would be appreciated. I'm not a whiz at these things, but I am pretty competent. Thanks -Seth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users