Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 9 severe troubles changing colours

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hope to win the price of some help... Recent previous posting hsan't receive anything...

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1015 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152616 MB, Free - 112710 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1468
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

When one tries to change Firefox fonts' colours unclicking "allow pages to choose their own colours" it triggers a general structure failure, as rupture of Gmail (impossible to use it), Google's black bar appearence, incomplete pages loading, etc. Recently, it costed to me an uninstalling (deleting everything) and a 'clean' installing of a completely new Firefox because either me or kind people who tried to help me, couldn't guess what has happend (because I didn't realize the concomitancy of the change in tools>content>colours with the beginning of failure, that was progressive). Now inmediately I realized the problem and restored back the mentioned setting and trouble disappeared. But, how is it possible that I cannot change colours at my leisure? Specially when Firefox doesn't have by default, any colur change for visited pages. Is it a Firefox bug? Many thanks and kind cheers.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Is it a Firefox add-on? The latest version might not yet be compatible as many add-ons are yet to be updated.

Tekken

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Obviously not. I start my post writing that I operate straightly inside properties options>contents>colours. That is an explosive bug. Is impossible to get special colours for visited pages. Cheers

Is it a Firefox add-on? The latest version might not yet be compatible as many add-ons are yet to be updated.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Well, I don't mess around with fonts or colors in FF so I have not tried one yet. It really must be a incompatibility or bug on a transition of default website design to users on some websites.

Tekken

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

With previous FF I could get visited pages inside browser, for example in purple wirh no troubles. Cheers

Well, I don't mess around with fonts or colors in FF so I have not tried one yet. It really must be a incompatibility or bug on a transition of default website design to users on some websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users