Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Help Booting Puppy Linux

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Hi, I just burned the ISO file with Nero using the Make Bootable Disc Option then I put that into my old computer. I changed the boot sequence in the BIOS for CDROM, A, C and the computer still boots to Win 98 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:42 PM

When you burned it did you burn the entire folder or just the .iso files?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 TedOb1

TedOb1

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

hey! hey! maybe i can be of help here. i thought this might be a totally useless post but maybe not

originally posted here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic42417.html#

Nero does give you the option to make a bootable data disk but that isn't what you want.

if your using nero express under "what would you like to burn?" go down to "Disk Image or Saved Project" under the drop down "Files of Type;" select "Image Files: *.iso", navigate to where you have the puppy iso and burn the image to the cd. there is no need to make the cd bootable for the image will boot.

ISO is an archive that contains the the files as they appeared on the file system they've been copied from. An image. (byte for byte) if you use an iso to burn these files to the cd you'll have the file system as it originally appeared, including the boot sector. is you place the iso on the cd you'll have only a copy of an iso on cd.

Hope this helps

Edited by TedOb1, 12 February 2006 - 03:22 PM.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

YES GOT IT WORKING WOOT WOOT

Edited by Klinkaroo, 16 February 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

Have you tried the disk on another computer just to see if it will boot? How old is your computer?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users