Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer just keeps freezing..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Pepsi

Dr.Pepsi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi all,

So recently I had that Windows 7 Security (whatever it was called) virus. I ended up having to reformat because it was even popping up in safe mode. Anyway, my computer keeps freezing after boot up now. It will act just fine and act completely normal until you try to launch something (firefox, my computer, start button, etc.). I'm not really sure what is causing this but it is extremely frustrating, after it locks up and I have to hard reset a few times it runs just perfect. Right now I'm in safe mode and it didn't freeze once, has anyone ran into something like this before? I have Webroot and it detects nothing, so I'm not sure if it's a virus and is not being detected or it's just some corrupt file in windows causing it to act up. Thanks for the help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

I ended up having to reformat

How exactly was it done? Using what kind of disk?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Dr.Pepsi

Dr.Pepsi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

I reinstalled Windows 7 Pro with the actual disc I purchased when building the computer. I formatted with the windows utility prior to installing windows.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

If this is fresh Window installation on just formatted hard drive I don't see how the issue could be malware related.
I suggest you start new topic in Windows forum.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Dr.Pepsi

Dr.Pepsi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Just figured out how to find my active post, haha sorry it took so long for a reply from me. Thanks for the help/suggestion I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users