Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I KNOW I'm infected...by System Check

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael X

Michael X

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

I work in IT for Public Safety and have always had success in the past by following the guides on this site. However, I've run into a problem trying to remove System Check from a computer.

Tried running Rkill under several of its various names - iExplore.exe, eXplorer.exe, uSeRiNiT.exe - and get an error each time: Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation. This is followed by a WinRAR self-extracting archive window that shows a CRC failure in nircmd.chm.

I've copied each of these onto the infected machine from a flash drive (downloaded them on an uninfected computer) and have gotten the same result with each of them. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Boot the PC into safemode with networking

Download

Exehelper

Launch it,A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.

Download

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html

Try to run malwarebytes now,run a full scan

You can copy exehelper and malwarebytes from a clean PC to infected PC

good luck

#3 Michael X

Michael X
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Ran Exehelper with no issues but got an Access is denied error when trying to install MalwareBytes.

Any suggestions as to what to try now?

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Right click on exehelper.com-select-Run as administrator

if that doesnt work,do it for malwarebytes

Did you try renaming mbam.exe to mbam.com and try installing it

#5 Michael X

Michael X
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I was logged on as admin, looks like the install of Mbam (had renamed it to zxc.com) was failing because the Program Files folder was hidden. Performed an unhide on the folder and Mbam installed successfully. Full scan is underway, hopefully everything else from this point on will be routine. I'll post back if I run into any other problems; thanks for the help. :thumbup2:

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users