Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Huawei E583C. Forward Ports

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Yanez

Yanez

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hey everyone,
I'm not sure this subsection was the most appropriate for my question but here it goes anyway. I recently got a mobile modem, a Huawei E583C to be exact. However, I'm having an incredibly hard time opening a certain port needed for a game (Civilization IV). The port is 2056, but after meddling around forever in the router/modem IP settings, cannot do it. I've forwarded ports before with my old linksys router but this thing has got me beat. I have already set up a static IP (192.168.101) and my router IP is 192.168.1) I've tried the DMZ option using my static IP and nothing. I don't have any firewall software and even have the windows one disabled. On the router page there is nothing that says firewall but there is a special applications options and also a virtual server one but not sure how to do it. I'm on a windows XP. BTW, the software I'm using to check if the port is open is PFPortchecker. Also, I know its a firewall problem because when I play the game, people get blocked off from me.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users