Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R0bert

R0bert

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

On another site someone said to go to this forum and so I came here and here I am.

My name is Robert, I'm 18 years old and have had many years of experience with computers. I've built small websites since I was 13, computer games since I was 14, and most recently have been doing video editing since I was 16.

I've grown up with Windows, starting with Windows 3.11 to 98, then XP, Vista and now 7. I have loved each OS for what it could do, and each one has been more powerful for me.

Internet browser wise, I was an IE user like most of you probably were at some point. I used IE5/6 back with Windows 98, then when I had XP I had discovered Firefox and decided to switch completely. Firefox 3 had come out, I believe. Then after Firefox started to have memory hog problems I've hesitation to switch to Chrome due to my lack of trust with Google at times, and instead have found Comodo Dragon, a flavor of Chromium, and have used that since last November.

Anyway, I found this site, thought it was perfect for my interests and decided to register.

Hope to enjoy this community!

-Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Recent revisions to Firefox have gone some way in reducing the use of memory, and I suspect further attempts will be forthcoming. I am so used to Firefox and its add-ons that I hesitate to make any change. My own first experience with computers began with the Commodore series, then Windows (ME, which I didn't find so bad), then XP and now W7, each of which seems clunkier than the version that came before it. I think you will find the information and discussions here, especially at a practical user level, much to your liking.
Welcome to BC and thanks for joining this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 R0bert

R0bert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

With my update with the new powerful machine the memory problems wouldn't affect me much anymore. However one thing Mozilla promised was it's improved tab animation and tab processes. That's why the "BIG 4.0" was exciting to me. However, it ended up being a half done product almost, as half the new features were still in the works of improvement.

I don't mind giving it another shot in the future, but with the new look they are playing with, I'm not sure I'd want to.

Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users