Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netflix On The Hot Seat?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:17 PM

Thought I'd pass this info along to all you NetFlix subscribers, in case it is news to you. Interesting CNN article about the company's woes.

I have had a gift subscription to NetFlix since January 1st. Christmas gift from my brother. At first, the turnaround was two days on the DVD's. Now it's a week. Apparently my 13 DVD rentals so far have already gotten me labeled as a heavy renter! My DVD's come out of Austin, TX and I only live an hour north of there. I know now it's not the US Postal Service's problem. In that short period of time, two DVD's shipped to me, per their screen, never arrived. I notified them and requested replacements. Emailed them re my concerns. Two pieces of lost mail for the same address in only 40 days is statistically HIGHLY unlikely! FYI, they freeze accounts if you report too many "never arrived" DVD's! Looks like they can do just about whatever they want to with their subscribers accounts!!!!!!!!!

Then my husband found this article yesterday on one of his favorite forums: Interesting. In future, Netflix could be looking at additional class action suits for deceptive advertising, at the very least, internet fraud at the very worst.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/10/net....ap/index.html
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

I have only had one movie not sent to me from netflix (have had netflix for about 3 years). I had no problem getting a new one. I also find that my response time is fine. I think netflix is a great program.

By the way I could not view your link. "page could not be found error"

#3 buttoni

buttoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Sorry about that. Must have had a space at the end of the string or something. Let's try this link again:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/10/netflix.r...s.ap/index.html

This time the link is working. Just tested this one.

Edited by buttoni, 13 February 2006 - 03:12 PM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:36 PM

I like netflix. Although i don't have an account they manage to
send me a dvd every once in a while (not addressed to me) so
i watch it and send it back. :thumbsup:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

I did the trial and loved how fast they were. I think I got a total of like 11 dvds during the 2 week trial. Its overnight both ways.

The only thing I didnt like was they didnt ship on Saturdays. I now am on the blockbuster trial and like it better because they ship on saturdays.

I like watching free dvds lol..

Even if you keep it for 9.99 a month you can get quite a few dvds and its well worth it from renting and returning it to the store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users