So basically, I use the computer thusly:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Photoshop CS5
- Illustrator CS5
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Gaming (Want to play Oblivion, Call of Duty, Skyrim) <-- This I can give up for the other ones, PS3 is more than enough if it will increase price cap of the laptop.
- LOTS of multitasking between Visual Studio, Music, Microsoft Office, and Internet, sometimes more.
My price cap is $400.
These are the computers I'm choosing between:
And two custom builds as follows:
First Custom Build
- Toshiba L740-BT4N22 (Base)
- Intel® Core™ i3-2350M Processor, 2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache (64-bit)
- 4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM (2048MBx2)
- 320GB HDD
Second Custom Build
- Toshiba L750D-BT5N22
- AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor 1.5GHz base (2.4 GHz with AMD Turbo Core Technology), 4MB Cache (or AMD Dual-Core A4-3305M Accelerated Processor 1.9GHz base (2.5 GHz with AMD Turbo Core Technology), 2MB Cache, not sure)
- 3GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM (2048MB+1024MB)
- 320GB HDD
Thanks in Advance!
P.S. The space on the hard drive really isn't a problem to me since I use online streaming for music, and have Bitcasa for unlimited online storage.
Edited by pivotraze, 23 January 2012 - 07:49 PM.