Hi Leo3378 ,
My name is Debbie.
The 0x0000007e error is a kind of 'blue screen' error, which typically restarts your machine randomly, and it will eventually offer you a message and also details on the famed blue screen of death.
The causes of the 0x0000007e error usually are various. Although the key causes are usually the wrongly downloaded programs, viruses, obsolete drivers, BIOS issues and registry issues.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:Method 1
1. Restart your computer in safe mode.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry key:
4. In the right pane, right-click the Start entry, and then click Modify.
5. In the Value data box, type 4, and then click OK.
6. Exit Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer
Now check that this error has been fixedMethod 2
To work around this issue, run the recovery console by using the Windows XP CD. Then, select the recovery option. To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disk or from the Windows XP CD, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk in the floppy disk drive. Or, insert the Windows XP CD in the CD drive. Then, restart the computer.
Note If you are prompted, click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot computer or a multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the administrator password.
Note Press ENTER if the administrator password is blank.
5. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
6. To exit the Recovery Console and to restart the computer, type exit at the Recovery Console command prompt, and then press ENTER
Please reply in case you have any questions.Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary spam notations - Hamluis.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:25 PM.
Removed additional spammy content. ~ OB