Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinXP Home - BSoD within a minute after logging in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shankarkp

shankarkp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

I have Win XP Home (SP3) in my desktop. Everything was fine before a week and now all of a sudden it has started displaying the stop screen every time I login to windows (in all of these modes - normal mode, last known good config , VGA mode, safe mode). The stop screen appears in less than a minute after I log in so it is very difficult to check device driver settings or any other options. Also each time I login i get the chkdsk checking two of my drives (c and g drive) and reports that every thing is fine but still the stop screen appears. I haven't installed any major s/w recently but I downloaded few files from nirsoft (utilities to view mozilla, ie and crome cache and history files) last week. These are very small (1 MB each) zipped exe files.

I have managed to copy the minidmp file and am attaching the same (dmp file zipped and attached). Hope this will be helpful for you.
Thanks,
S-h-a-n-k-a-r

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Try removing one of your memory sticks and see if that stops the problem. If not swap the sticks so you try to boot up with each stick individually.

Always disconnect the power supply and earth your hands before touching the memory.

Edited by mark1956, 24 January 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

1) Boot to the Recovery console and run these two checkdisk commands (wait until the first disk check completes before running the second one):
chkdsk c: /r

and

chkdsk g: /r

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users