Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running Windows 7 pro, explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrenJ

BrenJ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Here is what happens. While surfing the internet, I sometimes click on links which sometimes opens a new window...great most times, but lately when it is opening a new page, everything freezes, a box comes up saying explorer has quit responding and is starting explorer again. Everything closes, then all pages I had open with pop up and re-open automatic. I also noticed, that when I'm in my hotmail account, when I click on a email it takes me to info on hotmail stuff and not into the email, also can't seem to get into my junk mail folder either. Not sure if the two are connnected, but it is frustrating...Is it possible to be infected?, I've run the malaware bytes program, found a few cookies, ran my virus program from microsoft and nothing...any suggestions????thanks bunches.

Edited by hamluis, 24 January 2012 - 01:43 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Perhaps it would be prudent to update to IE9.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

OR:

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

If the problems persist, you can post in the 'Am I infected' forum, but read the Pinned Topics first.

#3 BrenJ

BrenJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thanks Petewills, I tried installing Explorer 9 but it just wouldnt work...will try and repair what I have and if that doesn't work, maybe try and install Explorer 9.....will let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users