Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yup...I am infected. trojan.java.exploit on XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superbeet

superbeet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

I had a friend infected and I thought that I should run malwarebytes software that was on my desktop. So yesterday, I updated it and it ran then said I needed to restart. After doing so, I immediately noticed a redirect virus. I had bought Kaspersky Pure in the fall and it was conflicting with other programs so my IT guy removed it.

My bad for not making sure there was another program monitoring it. Anyway, I then went and loaded Kaspersky which found the following and deleted:

Trojan program Trojan Downloader.Java.Agent.mx
Trojan program Exploit Java.CVE-2010-0840.r
Virus.Win32.zaccess.aml

It disinfected the same.

So, last night I attempt to access the internet and I notice that I am unable....appears that my computer can't utilize the drivers. I have a Verizon card and it appeared that it was connected but would not actually allow me to access the internet. I also use Intel ProSet Wireless Connection Utility.

My data appears to be fine. What should I do now? Thank you so much in advance.

BTW, I tried to 'fix" it but deleting the Malwarebytes program file as well as Java file. I also backed up the registry and ran cc on the registry.

Superbeet

Edited by hamluis, 23 January 2012 - 02:53 PM.
No logs, moved from Malware Removal Logs to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Download

FSS

Launch it

* Click on "Scan".
* It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report

Please download GMER from here

http://www2.gmer.net/download.php

Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.

GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)

If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.

Edited by narenxp, 23 January 2012 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users