Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphics card

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 georgeriley

georgeriley

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

in my system it says my graphics card is a sis650/651/740/661fx/741/760 as all this means nothing to me if i needed a new card what should i be looking for please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Your video card is intergrated into the motherboard. To see what you can use we will need to see the specifics of your system using Speccy.

• [
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button.Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):Posted ImageNow, at the top, click File > Publish SnapshotYou will see the following prompt:Posted ImageClick Yes > then Copy to ClipboardPosted ImageNow, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Posted Image button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 avinashpathak

avinashpathak

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

Please tell me your site configuration.So may be I can help you.

#4 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8Rg7mS1sqBIiCJ4WSHBLhQj

#5 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

sorry for the late reply want i want to know is i already have a VGA input on my pc but i want to run dual monitors(pc screens that is).So basically all i want to know is what kind of video card would i need please

#6 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Your motherboard has an AGP 4x slot which is the one you should use if you want to add a video card. Depending on what you want to do with it there are cards ranging from $30 US to $113 US.
Mark Twain

#7 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi Baltboy
as i said my friend its only to run to monitors so would a basic one do the job like the one in the file ive attatched

Attached Files

• Attached File  APG.jpg   54.92KB   1 downloads

#8 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

All video cards run monitors. It is what your are running on the computer that will determine the level of card you need. Games, streaming video, graphics, design or plain old web/office things require different cards to perform at their best. If all you are looking to do is run web/office stuff then any card will work since for many years the 2D performance of videos cards has been equal across the board. The only real difference in the cards in todays market is in the speed of and how they deal with 3D graphics.

So for basic 2D web/office stuff get a fanless card. I really doesn't matter if it is AMD or Nvidia based or who makes it. Just read the reviews to pick one that is reliable and "trouble free".

For watching streaming video and basic graphics work make sure to pick a card that handles the decoding internally to keep from stressing the processor. Look for the H.264 support that should handle anything you throw at it as well as providing good visual clarity. Fanless can be fine here too if your case has decent airflow.

For design work (i.e CAD or the like) you really should have a workstation class card that supports the extra 3D rendering functions to take load off the processor. Cards like the FireGL or the Quadro work well for this type of work

Games always do best with the latest and greatest. For that I say go with the best you can afford.

As a side note if you do decide to pick one of the higher end cards make sure your power supply has enough power and the proper connections to supply enough power for the card to work properly.
Mark Twain

#9 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

a friend of mine tells me i need a 4x AGP card ive attached a photo of my slot in my pc it doesnt seem to look like the grooves on the card can anyone please tell me why?

Attached Files

#10 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi

That is an AGP Universal slot on your motherboard. Should be okay with the video card in the image in post #7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agp#Compatibility

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users