Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc very slow on startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 magamatt

magamatt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi, this is my problem:
When i start my pc, after i submit my password, the pc is very slow to show the desktop.
I tried malware bytes, avg, etc.

Excuse me for my english.

*mod edit: removed HJT log. There are other reasons why a system will run slow that should be explored first. If logs are needed you will be directed to the Prep Guide. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 January 2012 - 12:51 PM.
moved rom Am I Infected to XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Take a read of Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#4 bluemagma

bluemagma

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

You may have too many useless things in your startup. Check this guide for more help

http://www.winxptutor.com/msconfig.htm

#5 fetlock

fetlock

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hello,

The "Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware" post is an excellent source of information. If you run through all the suggestions you will have a computer with improved performance.

On top of clearing out temporary files using CCleaner and tweaking Operating System/Internet explorer settings, I often find the following options really improves performance:

• Create a new account. A new account is a good test to see if there is anything wrong with your profile. If the new account runs quickly when loading applications or surfing the Internet, then it suggests a potential issue with your profile. Backup al you required data files, IE shortcuts etc and use the new account. In time, you can delete your old account
  • I also find Autoruns (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902) an excellent tool to disable/delete anything loading at startup that you don't need. Download the utility, run it (autoruns.exe) and click the Logon tab. Give your computer a moment to populate the logon list. Then carefully read through each application and disable (Untick the box) or delete (Right Click/Delete). I tend to delete things like Adobe Download Manager/Launcher and other unnecessary tools (e.g. Graphics Card software) and toolbars (e.g. BingBar) that I don't use or need. If you are unsure what a particular EXE does, right click and select the Search Online option

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 May 2012 - 08:50 AM.
Removed unnecessary link. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users