Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is anyone here familiar with Newegg?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

If so, I was wondering if you could tell me how their "out of stock" works. Do they get stuff in pretty quickly or is their stock hit-or-miss?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

So no one knows about this company ay?

Well I just ordered a laptop from them yesterday and they shipped it the same day. I should get it today or tomorrow. That's quick!

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

I would think you'd be better off asking Newegg directly. I do know they are a highly reputable company with which I and many others have done business over the years.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

I get probably about 95% of all my electronics off of newegg-very solid, very reputable company, love it to death. When it says out of stock, it can vary on the time they get it back in-depending on availablity of the product on hand and on the demand. I know certain intel CPUs right now are next to impossible to find now, regardless of where you look. Ive even seen items go out of stock, and never go back in stock, and others go back in stock two days later only to be out within 20 minutes. Like allan said the best way to get an idea for when a product will be back in stock would be to zap newegg customer support an email and ask.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

I tried to find a phone number for them, but didn't readily see one. But patriot11, thank you for the detailed response. I did read on rotor123's home page something about Thailand's flooding has damaged plants that produce hard drive and that computer manufacturer's were going to be affected. So perhaps you're right they may not be back in-stock for awhile. I found a comparable model I think I'll be happy with.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

I dont know if they have a phone number, but they do have an email and chat support. They normally get back pretty fast with email-and the chat is usually very helpful the few times ive dealt with it.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 eByte

eByte

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

I love Newegg.com. I buy most of business inventory from them. They have great customer Service. If they are Out of Stock. Put your email on the wait list, when it comes in they will let you know. My experience over the last 10 years with Newegg, they replenish there stock fast.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

An excellent company,as mentioned many here use it often.

Chat With Us= Email Us= Call Us= Write To Us
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/OverView.aspx#ContactUsTab
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanx BoopMe. Perhaps this info will help someone else down the road. I ordered and received my new computer, very quickly I might add!

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

You're welcome and yes I hope so too!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

So how is the new laptop?

I hope you are enjoying it.

A couple of tips, always use it on a hard surface to allow for good dairflow under it.

Do not place beverages where they could spill into the keyboard. The liquid will flow into the computers insides.

I have a special coffee cup that is twice as wide on the bottom as on the top to aid in stability so it won't fall over.
Most coffee cups are narrow on the bottom and wide on top, less stable.
My water bottle always has the cap on when I'm not drinking from it and so on.
Need a soda? Use only bottles and put the lid back on unless actually drinking from it.

I've seen way to many people ruin a decent laptop when they spilled water, coffee, soda, wine or milk into it.

Next tip: Do not carry the laptop around with the AC Adapter plugged into it. That makes it too easy to bang the plug and damage the power connection inside of the laptop. This would of course include being sure it is unplugged when putting the laptop into a carrying case. Only pull the power plug straight out of the laptop and by grasping the plug itself and not the wire. Pulling on the wire will eventually dame the connection inside of the plug.

Be sure the Black brick in the middle of the AC adapter is supported since you do not want it pulling on the plug.

I mention these since these are things I've seen people do that caused problems.

Something else I will mention. Laptops come with trial versions of Antivirus. Do not let it expire without renewing or replacing it. MAny infected systems I've seen had expired Antivirus software.

Webcam equipped? Shut the Lid when not using it, just in case something does get into it.

Good Luck and many years of happy computing
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 17 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#12 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hey there rotor. Thanx for asking. I'm having trouble setting it up the way I want it. I contacted ASUS via email support to ask how to turn off the Admin/User lock screen, but it's day three now and no reply. I couldn't find anything about it in the "e-manual" that came with it. It is the weekend so I'll give it until next week. Between having to push the start button and waiting for Windows to resume and then having to click the User screen it takes awhile to just get in. Other than that it seems like a nice system.

Thanks for the laptop tips too. I have a paid subscription to PC Tool Anti-virus/Spyware software that is pretty good. I've been using them for about 3 years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users