Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with about:blank virus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WhatDidUJustSay

WhatDidUJustSay

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

I've been infected with the about:blank virus for a while and have been unsuccessful in my attempts to remove it.I have started a few topics on this issue and worked with some of bleeping computers trained members but its still here.Does anyone know how to remove it?

Also I still have combofix, tdsskiller, OTL, and Defogger on my desktop.Should they be removed? and if so how do I do it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Can you post a few links to the malware removal topics that you have opened?

#3 WhatDidUJustSay

WhatDidUJustSay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

My link

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Why have you not completed the work started there?
Gringo is very capable of fixing this...

Hello

I have reopened the topic for you - send me the report when ready

Gringo

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.

do you still need help with this?

do you need more time?

are you having problems following my instructions?

if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 WhatDidUJustSay

WhatDidUJustSay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Because when I sent a PM for him to reopen in I never got a response so I thought I needed to start a new topic.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

OK, Let me check.

It is old and they need a new DDS log..

Edited by boopme, 02 February 2012 - 09:17 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hello. I re opened this
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

They didn't answer your PM because they asked you to ask a Moderator to re open the topic is needed.

So if you are serious about finishing that topic,then post a new DDS log there in reply as Gringo was fair enough to take it on again.

let me know if you post there,thanks.

#8 WhatDidUJustSay

WhatDidUJustSay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was serious about this but moved on when I felt that I was being ignored.Gringo did attempt to help but my problems, I believe are beyond his knowledge, since he had me do the same things over again.Which proved time and time again to be ineffective.

So can someone tell me how to remove combofix, tdsskiller, OTL, and Defogger,since they are still on my PC?

And if you're curious as to why I'm giving a late response.I've been busy with life.Would really appreciate a response.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

:Uninstall ComboFix:

• turn off all active protection software
  • push the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
  • please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
  • Posted Image

:Remove the rest of our tools:

Please download OTCleanIt and save it to desktop. This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
  • Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
  • If asked to restart the computer, please do so
Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users