Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 cyberhelp

cyberhelp

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic439362.html ~ Hamluis.

You are not alone. I am having the same experience on a Win7 PC here. It kills IE and FF immediately after they are started, and stops the Opera installer as well. I have a feeling this is a new pest, as yours is the only post I have found describing this so far.

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2012 - 05:47 PM.
No PM sent, opened topic in AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cyberhelp

cyberhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

MS Answers Thread

Louis

Unfortunately that thread points to a completely different problem. In our case, not only will IE not even load, but none of the other browsers on the system will load either. In the thread you point to the problem is IE only, and effects search engines, not browser loading.
Thanks for the reply, tho.

I see now a couple people in the "Am I infected" forum seem to have our problem, but there are no solutions yet. I watch with bated breath...

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#3 cyberhelp

cyberhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

i think that the problem is that a certain webpage is conflicted with iexplore.exe
i think it is a script on the home page that has sort of jammed iexplore
if i had to guess it is a script on a msn page that asks whether you want IE to be your default browser

you will notice that if you turn off your machine and then reboot and then go to your website it takes more time on the first opening to "jam" than the second and subsequent tries
if you could insert something between the opening and jam you might have a chance

like you waiting for method

Well, I don't think that is what is causing the problem here. Anything from a webpage would be in the IE cache and shouldn't interfere with FF as well, tho maybe it could if it found it's was into the temp files. As I have cleared the temp files, that doesn't seem likely.

I caved and started a thread in "Am I infected", but nobody has yet responded.

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Split from topic created by other member, no PM sent since he has now created a topic of his own in AII, which is being worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic439437.html/page__p__2566488#entry2566488