Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup Software Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teach Power

Teach Power

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hello all and Happy New Year to you as this is my first post this year. I have a need for a backup software that mainly does one thing I am looking for. If it has other bells and whistles that I could use... great! My one need for a backup software is that it would compare a folder on my main hard drive to its copy that is on a backup drive and copy any files that are new to the folder on the back up drive. Instead of me visually comparing the two folders and seeing what needs to be backed up, I can just let the backup software do it.

I had Acronis True Image Home 2011 but it looked very complicated after I installed it. I just recently reinstalled Windows XP and was wondering if I should install it again because it would suite my needs, or is there another backup software (free preferably) that would do the simple backup things I need it to do better? Could you please recommend a simple backup software for me? If Acronis True Image Home 2011 can do what I need it to do, can somebody show me how to setup the type of backup I need using Acronis? Thank you for your time :thumbsup:

-TeachPower
-TeachPower
TeachPower.net founder
Education Resource Library for the classroom & boardroom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hello,have you looked at Cobian Backup - <<--free

A little bit about it HERE
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users