Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Thunderbird Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WallyTis

WallyTis

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

I am having a problem with my Mozilla Thunderbird. I dont see the email accounts on the left side and none of the folders or inbox is there. Its blank.
Ive tried uninstalling in the manner you have suggested using the windows program uninstall, it deletes it. But then when i reinstall the program from its www sight, when i open it, its still messed up. So it is saving the config and accounts somewhere in my computer. And when reinstalling it, it puts it back as it is. MESSED UP.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Wally

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Are you seeing the space where they should be and it's blank or does the inbox, etc. take up the whole page?

#3 WallyTis

WallyTis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

No the whole side is Blank.
And thanks for a reply

Posted Image

Wally

Edited by WallyTis, 22 January 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I was hoping you would say the mail screen takes up the whole page because then it would be an easy fix.

The only other thing I can suggest is uninstalling/reinstalling again, but instead of using the Windows uninstaller use Revo Uninstaller. This will allow you to also delete registry keys and folders, which sometimes get left behind when using Windows uninstaller.

If you have any mail you want to save, back it up first. Also back up your address book.

Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run ERUNT before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button:

Posted Image

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

Posted Image

4) Click Next. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select NO and continue the below steps.

5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

Posted Image

6) Click Next again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window:

Posted Image

You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on Delete. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click Next.

If it asks you to delete other files, then do so, but pay attention to the warnings.

#5 WallyTis

WallyTis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

That uninstall program is awesome, however. It didnt work. After all registry and folders and files were deleted i went and re downloaded thunderbird and the same thing. I guess i will just give up using that program. Some how its still showing no folders on left side, it is completely blank.
Thanks for your help

#6 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Since I also use Thunderbird email, I have been following this post. I do agree that Revo Uninstaller is superior to Windows add/remove programs - I use it on the Windows machines here.

I had an issue several years ago with reinstalling Thunderbird ( I don't remember the details ) and found that unless everything is removed the problem can come back. Just a thought here - after removing Thunderbird with Revo Uninstaller - do this - Start/ Search, and in all files and folders type Thunderbird. If anything shows up, delete it. If memory serves me correctly, that's what I had to do to get a 'clean' reinstall of Thunderbird.

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Your Thunderbird profile is probably corrupted. It is stored in:
%appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default (where xxxxxxxx is a string of 8 random alphanumeric characters).

%appdata% maps to the current user's application data folder. Example: C:\Users\Bob\Appdata\Roaming

Thunderbird does not delete this profile when you uninstall it, so it must be removed manually using the Profile Manager or just deleting it from Explorer (your file browser in Windows).

The next time you start Thunderbird, it should ask you to setup a new email account. If you get this message:

Posted Image

delete the following file:
%appdata%\Thunderbird\profiles.ini
then try starting Thunderbird again.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users