Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System freeze during Cut-Paste - File Recovery help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KSRaghavendra

KSRaghavendra

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

Hi,
I was transferring files(Cut->Paste) from one drive to another when my system froze & I had to restart. When I rebooted many of my files(in the source folder) got strange file names(with some symbols), absurd file sizes and creation dates & I am unable to open any of them (view attached screenshot).
Also the files that I cut are missing from both the drives(source & destination). Tried recovery softwares such as Recuva, they are able to detect my previously deleted files but not these files.
Kindly help me recovering these files as they are very critical for me.
Thanks in advance,
Raghav

Attached Files

Edited by KSRaghavendra, 22 January 2012 - 03:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users