Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will I harm anything by deleting HP PC doctor off of my system?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 in cog

in cog

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'd like to remove HP PC Doctor off of my PC and am wondering if it's ok to do. I understood that this tool wasn't added after XP BUT it's on my Windows 7 OS and I find it very intrusive. Thanks for any and all answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

You can remove it without harming anything.

PC Doctor is a software program often installed by computer manufacturers and retailers ostensibly to cut down on the number of service calls from consumers. It is essentially a diagnostic module that can detect some computer problems and hopefully coach owners through DIY repairs. If, for whatever reason, you wish to remove this program from your computer, you can do so without affecting performance--in some cases, removing PC Doctor can actually improve the speed of your computer.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6085761_remove-pc-doctor-windows.html

The Global Leader in System Health

PC-Doctor System Health Solutions for PC and Android devices reduce service delivery costs and increase aftermarket revenues for manufacturers, support centers, repair depots, retailers and others.
PC-Doctor products are used by:

OEMs — Preload solutions are preinstalled on individual systems by manufacturers, resellers, warranty providers and others to create a first line of defense against the unnecessary return of no-trouble-found hardware. Available Intelligent Messaging Services deliver highly contextual support and marketing messages that improve and enhance the PC and Android device user experience, reduce support costs and drive aftermarket revenue.

http://www.pc-doctor.com/

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 January 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#3 in cog

in cog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

Thank you very much ! :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users