Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Randomly hangs and returns to normal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeadiKation

DeadiKation

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Alright, I'm new to these forums but not to Computing in general... I've got alot of tricks but this has me stumped, Whether knowing if this is either Software related or Hardware...

I've owned my custom computer for about 3 years now, done various upgrades on it. But now I don't understand what's happening. When I play Games or doing normal browsing, my computer will hang and everything will freeze for about a minute or two. It's more when I play Video games than when I surf the internet. It then returns to normal and I can do whatever for the next 10-15 minutes, and then it does it again. I tryed to get past it but it starts to do it more frequently. I don't know what to do now, and feel I'm at the point of formatting again, which I know I don't have to do. Please and thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thermal events. Check hardware temps for any overheating issue. Have you tried safemode if the problem occurs? You might need to run a diagnostic test for the hard drive, RAM module or Video card. Please post the computer specifications.

done various upgrades on it

Anything close when changes and started to occur?

Tekken

#3 DeadiKation

DeadiKation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

It was upgraded about 8 months ago, so the upgrade is not the issue, But I do believe it to be thermal events, due to I had my computer on my side, The event happened, and I felt my hard disk afterwards. Abnormally hot. Safemode doesn't fix it, but it might just be the overheating. I've opened the side to keep it cool, But I'll still get some tests.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Bring back some updates. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users