Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware picked up using PALTALK

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jillbodeen

Jillbodeen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

OK...PALTALK....dont even go there. I stupidly used their downloaded Scene even though I had picked up trojans there before. I had always been able to delete them without a lot of fuss. Not this time. Malwarebytes, Ad Aware and SUPERantispyware....NONE of them would find it and/or delete it. I finally did a system restore back to two weeks ago and got rid of the damn thing. This bug was particularly smart, even turning off my Internet Explorer if I clicked on a link that led to anti malware sites. I had to do a lot of tinkering around just to down the anti malware stuff which didnt work. Only the system restore did. Ya live and learn. DO NOT GO where you know hackers and idiots lurk. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users