Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most Secure/Best Email Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fritz00

Fritz00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

I'm looking into alternatives from my usual web based emails for my personal and business accounts.

I'm on a windows machine most of the time, so the program would have to be for windows. I've seen alot of security problems with Outlook so I don't think I want to use that, it would be the obvious choice otherwise.

So my question is: What is the most secure email program? Also if you use windows, what do you use personally? I'm interested in seeing what people use.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

No such thing as the "best" or "most secure". Email security is, for the most part, based on the user's intelligence and common sense. The good one's all have spam settings and junk settings and some level of security, but in the end it's up to your anti virus app and the user knowing not to open attachments or click on links unless he is 100% certain he knows what they are. I've been using Outlook since it first came out and couldn't do without it. A good, free alternative is Mozilla's Thunderbird.

Edited by Allan, 21 January 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

You did not say which version of Windows you are using. If XP, Outlook Express is included as a part of Windows.

#4 Fritz00

Fritz00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Sorry, I'm using Win 7 64 Bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users