Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen on sleep mode?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Katrina T.

Katrina T.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Sometimes when i put my computer on sleep mode and flip the lid down, I come back and find it has restarted and I log back in to find a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down". I have not actually seen the blue screen itself. Sometimes this happens, sometimes i lock and shut it, open it up and find it just fine. Any idea what could be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

Check this option so the next time it restarts, the detail error will be presented -> Disabling Auto Restart.

Tekken

#3 Katrina T.

Katrina T.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

If it helps, i found some details on the error message i didn't catch last time --

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 00000006
BCP2: 85257170
BCP3: 43787254
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012112-01.dmp
C:\Users\Yee-Ann )\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-9663934-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Yee-Ann )\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREE85.tmp.version.txt

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

Let's try this one :
Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file) then unzip(extract by right clicking) and run Bluescreenview.
Go to Edit -Select All, File and Saved Selected Item. Create a name for the report, just make sure it is a .txt extension file like Report.txt. Copy/Paste ALL the created report on your next post.

Tekken

#5 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

What USB devices do you have plugged into your laptop?

I suggest, for testing purposes, that you unplug any USB devices before you close the lid and see if the problem recurs.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users