Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlock Device Option for USB Stick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrarmstrong

jrarmstrong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hi,

I have a password protected USB stick that I am trying to open on a PC with Vista. I usually use it on an XP machine and all I have to do there is right click on the icon in My Computer, select "unlock device" or "unlock medium" and then enter the password.

Having plugged the USB stick into the Vista machine there is no option when I right click to unlock the device. When I double click on the stick icon a new window opens, seemingly taking me in to the stick, but it does not ask me for a password and none of the files on the stick are listed.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks,

James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dif

dif

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Either the software that locks/unlocks the stick is on the XP machine, or the autorun that runs the lock/unlock program isn't running my default.

Navigate to the stick and run the .exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users