Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 service pack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suzyfluz

suzyfluz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hello I hope someone out there can help me.

Firstly I am not computer minded at all so bear with me for sounding a bit thick when it comes to explaining my problem

My computer which runs on windows 7 cannot download the service pack and comes up with the error ffffffff
Ok I have googled this problem to find that I probably have a virus on my system. I run AVG which hasnt found anything.

So I try to download malayware and my system comes up with the message 'your internet settings prevented one or more files from being opened.'

Yesterday I bought a new canon printer and when I loaded the cd to install the software I got the same message up.

I put this message on the forum area about virus's and was given some great advice but it would seem that I dont have a virus so dont know why my computer wont download this service pack.
Also why I cant open the canon software disc???

Please can someone out there help me. Just dont know what to do.

Many Thanks in advance.
Suzufluz

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2012 - 02:48 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

Anti-virus programs can cause interference with the installation of windows updates. It is recommended to disable your AV program prior to installation.

Disable AVG..

Open the AVG Program.
On the Tools menu, click Advanced settings.
Click Temporarily disable AVG protection in the menu on the left side.
Select the Temporarily disable AVG protection check box, and then click OK.
Choose how long you want the protection to be disabled and whether to disable the Firewall as well, and then click Disable real-time protection.

Next manually download the installation program from Microsoft.

1. Windows 7 SP1 x86 - 32bit version

2. Windows 7 SP1 x64 - 64bit version

Hope this helps.

Edited by Lefty3120, 20 January 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#3 suzyfluz

suzyfluz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hiya

I have tried to disable my avg as you suggested. However when I tick the box to disable real time preotection I get the message up
'your internet security settings prevented one or more files being opened' and so I cant disable it.

Now what to do. Im just not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users